Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Roadwork on the right

There's a road sign on the way to Ballarat that's always caught my eye, and on the weekend I finally stopped to get a photo.


I've never seen a Roadwork Ahead sign where the text is aligned on the right! How good is it?! I love it. And before you start stomping around in your size 12s, I'm well aware that it's just a normal sign with the "1km" removed, but take a second to dream with me, won't you? I think all road signs should be like this. I think this sign creates a sense of movement and of being on the road. Although maybe in this case the message should be to slow down, so centred would be better, but where the message is about speeding off, let's go for right alignment! Much more dynamic, lovely sense of movement. Might be confusing for right to left reading cultures, but it is in English, so if they don't know English it'll be confusing anyway. So no harm done. Right alignment. Good one.

No comments: